The wait is almost over, with Good Beer Week 2015 officially kicking off tomorrow (15 May).
The fifth annual Good Beer Week will feature 250 unique craft beer events over nine froth-filled days in 180 venues across Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Since it launched in May 2011, the support of the wider beer community has allowed the festival to grow to become what it is today.
“It’s been an incredible ride over the past four years, watching the seed of an idea grow into this beautiful beast that unites thousands of beers lovers from across the world for a week of celebrations,” said festival director James Smith.
“We’re looking forward to kicking things off with a bang on Friday night ready for what must be the most colourful and eclectic nine days of beer events the country has ever seen.”
This year’s Good Beer Week features events in a range of locations, from your local pub to Vue de Monde and everything in between. The festival includes masterclasses, dinners, tours, comedy, collaborations and live music as well as close to 100 free events.
Six free Good Beer Week events to check out:
– Good Beer Week Opening Party – Beer DeLuxe, Federation Square, Friday 15 May, 6pm-late
– Are You Game? – Little Creatures Brewery, Geelong, Sunday 17 May, 10am-5pm
– Abbey Collaby 5 – Mountain Goat Brewery, Richmond, Wednesday 20 May, 6pm-late
– Cryermalt Start Up Brewery Panel Discussion – Beer Deluxe (upstairs), Federation Square, Friday 22 May, 12-2pm
– Cavalier Brewing Presents: Hand Crafted – The Palace Hotel, South Melbourne, Saturday 23 May, 10am-late
– Panhead @ Rockwell: Barbeques Everyday – Rockwell & Sons, Collingwood, 16-24 May, 12pm-late
With an impressive 40 events already sold out, here are our top five paid events to get along to:
– Cask Off 2015 – 3 Ravens Brewery, Thornbury, Sunday 17 May, 1pm-5pm
– Victoria vs The World Showdown – Terminus Hotel, Richmond, Tuesday 19 May, 7pm-late
– The Nest Off: Brewer Meets Chef – Two Birds Brewing, Spotswood, Wednesday 20 May, 6pm-10pm
– Australian International Beer Awards Presentation Dinner – Peninsula, Docklands, Thursday 21 May, 6:30pm-late
– Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular (GABS) – Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton, 22-24 May, various times
To check out the full program, click here.